Friday, October 23, 2020

Election Season

Well it's that time again, election season.  This is the time when the nation splits into two halves and cheers vehemently for their side, even though in actuality there is no difference between the two and nothing will change for the average person regardless of outcome.  It's simply two competing factions of ruling elites, lobbyists, the rich, and corporate interests vying for power.  No matter who wins:

  • the average worker will continue to be tread upon
  • interest rates will be artificially suppressed to help the rich asset holders
  • the environment will be exploited; climate engineering, or geoengineering, will continue unabated
  • the third world will be exploited and leveraged against the middle class here
  • weapons of war will be sold and spread; the empire will continue its global occupation of things not of the national interest
  • foreign countries will be held up as useful boogeymen
  • pork, graft, and subsidies will continue for their friends whose industries will both variously price gouge consumers or ruthlessly undercut other sellers to reduce competition with their oligopolistic power
  • the politicians will become magically enriched (beyond their salary) during their term of "service"
So, just remember in the midst of this division and election theater, there are actually many persons such as myself who see the truth and will not be voting for lack of a real candidate.  This will be the first time I have not voted for a president; I always figured it was worth the 10 minutes of effort to go do it, though I did often vote third party, which is basically a wasted vote.  However, this year, I'm over it -- not participating.  What is the solution to this?  I don't know; I don't know if it can be fixed.  But personally, I find avoiding the whole subject and the news the best course of action.  I just wish we could drop this whole pretense that there's this big choice to participate in.  It's more illusion than anything.

On that note, here is a song I just heard again for the first time in years; it is still evergreen:
Testify by Rage Against the Machine



No comments:

Post a Comment

YouTube Music Playlist

 Here is a link to my YouTube playlist of some of my favorite songs if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLn46aWM...